Saturday, April 27, 2013

Chicago Bears: Pick 117

With Chicago continuously screwing the pooch in draft picks this year and last, I have a better chance of making a list of who they probably shouldn't take only to be correct when they take them. Instead, here are a couple of guys still on the board who I would like to see in a Bears uniform.

Barret Jones, C, Alabama
Jones is the top-rated center on my value board and I had him as the 5th or 6th best offensive lineman. Roberto Garza isn't getting any younger so it's time to pull the trigger.

Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
How he's lasted this long amazes me but would make a great replacement for Izzy Idonize and a 3-down Defensive End.

Bacarri Rambo, FS, Georgia
For the jersey sales alone the Bears should sign this kid. That and he is a top talent at a spot that turns over a lot due to inconsistency and injury.

Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
Bears are still in need for depth in that secondary and Poyer is the highest rated CB on the board.

UPDATE 11:35 AM: Okafor off the board so I am going to take a risk on the red-flag character issues and say go get WR Da'Rick Rogers from Tennessee Tech.

No comments: